We love pairing spaghetti, lasagna and soups with bread sticks. These bread sticks are so easy to make and I always get SO many recipe requests. They are loved by many....hope you will share them with your family so they can love them too :)
Garlic Bread Stick
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 Tablespoon of yeast
- 1 Tablespoon of honey
- 1 Tablespoon malted milk (i skip this ingredient)
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- Mix yeast and water together in a bowl. Let sit about 10 minutes.
- Add honey into the yeast water and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in all other ingredients and mix until ball is formed. I use my kitchen aid, works great!
- Separate the ball of dough into small sections and roll out into a long bread stick form with your hands.
- Place on a greased sheet and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Bake @ 400 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 Teaspoon of garlic powder (we use simply organic garlic salt)
- 4 Tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
- 1 Teaspoon parsley or dried/crushed spinach.
Melt butter and then mix in all ingredients. Brush on while the bread sticks are baking and then once right before serving.